Sunday, May 19, 2013

Drive Part 1

Hello,

Today I started the drive to Atlanta. I left Athens, OH at about 9 am. I took my kitten with me, and that was an interesting challenge. For the first 2 hours, she wouldn't stop meowing and whining. She really wanted to let me know how much she was unhappy with the move. At about 11am when I went to get lunch, I let her roam in the car and when I returned she seemed much more relaxed and situated. From that time till the time I arrived to where I currently am, 1 hour outside of Atlanta, she was calm and composed. She would leave her nest I made for her when the car was stationary but would return when I started to move.














The drive was surprisingly not that bad. I didn't get too exhausted or too bored thanks to the many calls from friends and family. I got caught in thunderstorms from Mid-Kentucky to Georgia which slowed my pace to about ten under speed-limit. It didn't bother me too much as I arrived to Dalton, GA at around 5pm. I could have continued but wanted to find a cheaper rate for the night and was getting tired. I stopped at Athens, TN to stretch my legs and rest assured Athens, OH is much nicer. Pittsburgh at Ottawa tonight for Game 3 of the NHL Eastern Conference Semi-Finals, but that's not important. I guess that's  my update for now. Atlanta and move-in in the morning. 

Cheers,
Omar Kurdi

No comments:

Post a Comment