Saturday, May 18, 2013

First Step

Greetings all,

I should start with an introduction, but I don't know why anyone who doesn't know me is reading this. Anyway, if you're the kind of person who lives on the edge and reads strangers' blogs than I should at least give you a small introduction. My name is Omar Mohammad Kurdi and I am a third year student at Ohio University. I am studying Political Science and Global Studies: War and Peace ( a fancy name for conflict resolution studies). I will be interning at the Carter Center in Atlanta, GA for about a period of 10 weeks starting this Tuesday. So, the purpose of this blog is to somehow document my experience and time in Atlanta for the whole world to see.


Georgia has been dominating my thoughts lately. I'm nervous about it but also very excited. I don't know anything else to say.  My predictions is that I will learn a lot from this experience, and inshallah it will be a positive one. I start driving, tomorrow! I'll be taking my kitten, Korra, with me which will also be an experience. Hopefully, she'll provide company and comfort. I guess that's all for now.

Cheers,
Omar Kurdi

No comments:

Post a Comment