Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Carter Center: First Impressions

Hello,

So I forgot to bring a pillow with me to Atlanta, that resulted in a less than optimal sleep before a very important day. Nevertheless, I powered through and made it to the morning. It was the first day of my internship today, and even though it was only half a day, it was a very exhausting one. Typical to most establishments and programs, the first few days are reserved for orientation. And so, today we, the interns spent most of the day following a powerpoint and tour guide around the Carter Center drilling mass amounts of information into a sleep deprived mind. Besides that, it was very pleasant.


The Jimmy Carter Museum and Library is beautiful and the Carter Center as a whole seems to be a very professional and breathtaking place. It's hidden in Downtown Atlanta, on about 36 acres of land. Most of that land is a beautiful garden, filled with geese and ducks and all kinds of trees from different parts of the world. The size of the place is really hidden by all the greenery around and takes away from the size of the actual building. I still need to much more exploring but that's my first impression. Tomorrow will be more exploring and orientation. My colleagues are all very educated and seem to be great people. I am the youngest of all, by many years most likely, and it's a humbling feeling. More on that later. That is all for now.

Cheers,
Omar Kurdi

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Omar, for sharing your impressions! I appreciate your comments and invite you to enjoy tapping what wisdom you can at www.STARALLIANCE.org.

    ReplyDelete