Monday, May 20, 2013

Drive Part II, Move-in and First Impressions of Atlanta.

Hello All,

Dalton, GA treated me nicely. I mostly stayed in my room and went to bed at a reasonable time. This morning I continued my drive to Atlanta (only an hour and 10 minutes away at this point) and successfully reached the area knows as Midtown where I will be staying. I say successfully because at many times during the drive through Interstate I-85 and I-75, I doubted if the people ahead of me would  "successfully" stay out of an accident. Midtown is about 1 mile away from downtown, so it is busy and lively but also nicer than downtown and less dangerous. The apartment complex that I'm living in is interesting. I am on the 11th floor, a floor that only opened this week as renovations are still occurring.  The building, which was vacant for about 10 years before the current ownership and plan, used to be a housing center for a nursing college and was originally built in the 1960's. This was convenient as the Atlanta Medical Center and complex is but a few steps away and is actually connected (somehow, I'm still confused on the shape of this building) to the Medical Center. We, as residents, get access to the AMC's gym and parking, the gym is small but does the job and the parking is safe (key card entrance and exit with 24/7 security, which is a plus in a big city like Atlanta. The room is very nice. It used to house 2 nurses that shared a bathroom but was converted into a 1 bed/1 bath and the space for the other bed is occupied by a couch and a desk. The whole floor, 24 rooms total, shares a common area ( TV/Couches) and a Kitchen (Full sized). Luckily, this new floor only has about 5 other occupied rooms besides mine so sharing wont be a problem.



This is not my actual room but it is very similar. It has a mini fridge and a weird microwave/oven/grill combination contraption ( I will update on use of this device). The mission of the day is to unpack and get situated. I have a CVS across the road and a Chick Fil-A near by so I am set for life. Thank you for reading.


Cheers,
Omar Kurdi

1 comment:

  1. does it come with those latter shelving in the picture? Because if it does I bet you a hundred dollars that Korra will be climbing up it.

    ReplyDelete